Versapay takes privacy and data protection issues seriously
Information collection and use
The second level is that of setting up a merchant account which involves a higher level of information collection and use. Your rights thereunder are protected legislatively and as such, Versapay is bound by law to adhere to certain principals and guidelines. These are not necessarily corporate policy but may be an extension of either your merchant processing agreement or law:
- Versapay collects personally identifiable information when you register for a Versapay account, and when you use certain Versapay products and services. Versapay may also receive personally identifiable information from its resellers and other business partners.
- In the course of processing a payment transaction, we receive from the merchant or financial institution information related to the transaction. This includes information about the payment that a consumer has furnished the merchant or financial institution in placing the order.
Versapay uses the information collected to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, to process payment transactions, to facilitate billing, and otherwise deliver the payment gateway services. We may also send merchants service announcements, newsletters, and periodic notices about specials and new products. Personally identifiable consumer information is used to process payment transactions and for no other purpose.
Information sharing and disclosure
Protecting personally identifiable information about merchants and consumers is an important part of our business. We share and disclose such information only as described below.
Versapay will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information; We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Versapay to provide a product or service to you (these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide them beyond what is necessary to assist us).
- Personally identifiable consumer information is shared with third parties (such as banks and credit card processors) to the extent necessary for Versapay to deliver payment processing services.
- We also may release personally identifiable information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Merchant Agreement and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Versapay, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction.
In the unlikely event that Versapay is acquired, merchant account information may be one of the transferred assets.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also require that any personally identifiable consumer information sent to us by you be encrypted using SSL encryption. We are also CISP certified for your protection.