Toronto, ON – May 23, 2017 – VersaPay Corporation (TSXV: VPY) (“VersaPay” or the “Company”), a leading provider of cloud-based invoicing, accounts receivable management and payment solutions, today announced first quarter ("Q1") financial results for the three month ended March 31, 2017. “The first quarter of the year introduced some important firsts for the company,” said Craig O’Neill, CEO of VersaPay. “With the sale of our POS Merchant Services business closing in January, VersaPay began operating as a pure fintech company for the first time. With the launch of our go-to-market plans with top-tier channel partners we introduced the white label version of ARC™ for the first time. As well, I’m pleased to announce that each of our channel partners won their first clients in the quarter. With these significant firsts and the 67% growth in software revenues in the quarter, we are very pleased with our start to 2017.” Financial Highlights: The following highlights treat the Company’s POS Merchant Services business as a discontinued operation.
- Revenue for Q1 2017 increased by 66.8% to $0.49 million compared to $0.29 million in Q1 2016.
- Gross margin percentage for Q1 2017 was 56.4%, compared to 53.0% in Q1 2016.
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) was ($1.80) million in Q1 2017, compared to ($1.39) million in Q1 2016, in accordance with the Company’s plans to invest in its software business.
- Net earnings from discontinued operations was $8.92 million for the three months ended March 31, 2017, compared to $420 thousand for the three months ended March 31, 2016.
- Total comprehensive income for the three months ended March 31, 2017 was $7.01 million compared to a loss of ($1.51) million for the three months ended March 31, 2016, due to the large gain from the sale of the Company's POS Merchant Services businesses.
- Cash operating expense for the three months ended March 31, 2017 increased by 20.4% to $2.16 million compared to $1.89 million for the three months ended March 31, 2016.
- As at March 31, 2017, the Company had cash on hand of $9.43 million compared to $2.75 million as at December 31, 2016.
About VersaPayVersaPay is a leading cloud-based invoice presentment and payment provider for businesses of all sizes. VersaPay’s ARC software-as-a-service offering allows businesses to easily deliver customized electronic invoices to their customers, to accept credit card and EFT payments and automatically reconcile payments to their ERP and accounting software. More information about VersaPay can be found on the Company's website at www.versapay.com or under the Company's profile on SEDAR at www.sedar.com For additional information, please contact:
|John McLeod Vice President, Marketing VersaPay Corporation 647-258-9406 firstname.lastname@example.org||Babak Pedram Investor Relations Virtus Advisory Group Inc. 416-644-5081 email@example.com|