Versapay Website Privacy Notice
Effective Date: March 23, 2023
This Privacy Notice describes how Versapay (“our,” “we”) collects, uses, and shares personal information via our website, our platform, and other online services (collectively, our “Services”). The Services includes the provision of software-as-a-service (SaaS) and other tools enabling our business customers to process payments (our “Clients”). Our Services include our products Collaborative AR, Cash Application, ERP Payments, and Payments Processing. Collaborative AR permits our Clients to automate accounts receivable in the cloud. Our Cash Application automates Client payment processing. Our ERP Payments integrates into our Clients’ accounting and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to automate payment processing. Payments Processing allows us to onboard our Clients and process their transactions.
We collect information you choose to give us and other information that may be automatically collected from your use of our Services, including from your device. We use that information to operate our business, and for a variety of other purposes set forth below. Below, we also describe choices we offer with respect to your data.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to third parties or their services. This Privacy Notice does not apply to information that cannot be identified to any individual, household, or their devices, such as de-identified or anonymized data. This Privacy Notice does not apply if you are a consumer of one of our business customers (such as a Merchant) to the extent we use the information such business customers provide to us only to provide services to such business customer. We are not responsible for how individual Clients choose to use our platform; you should refer to them to understand their data use and/or privacy practices or to exercise rights you may have with respect to them.
How We Use Information We Collect
Information We Collect
To provide our Services, we collect data by which you may be personally identified. We may also collect information about the devices and equipment you use to access our Services, including usage data.
We collect your personal information from a variety of sources, including:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you utilize the Services.
- From third parties, including analytics providers.
Information directly from you. The information we collect on or through our Service from individuals may include information that you provide directly to us or to the Client involved in your transaction, including your first and last name, billing address, credit card details, bank account information and transaction ID. We also collect information provided at the time you fill out forms on our Service, implement our Service, sign up for emails and newsletters, or communicate with us.
If you are a Client(or applying to be a Client) of ours, we may collect information that you provide to us including your first and last name, Social Security Number, bank account information, business identification number, tax withholding allowances and tax filing status, information about your previous payment processing activities with us or third party payment services providers, information about your current intended payment processing activities, and other information about your suitability to be a Client on our network. In evaluating Clients, we may also conduct background or credit checks on key individuals (such as owners).
Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies. We may collect data regarding your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other automatically collected information. This data may include your IP address, date and time you access our Services and the pages and content you access during your visit, websites that you link to or from, emails from us that you open, and the links you click on within those emails. We may also collect information from your mobile device or your computer about how you interact with our Services, including IP address, operating system, and browser type. This information helps us address customer support issues, provide you with a personalized experience, prevent fraudulent use of our services, and manage the Services we provide you, including gathering aggregated data about engagement. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing information or settings in your browser. Cookies may also be used to personalize your visit by storing your preferences or displaying content based upon what you have viewed through our Services and other websites. Web beacons or pixel tags connect web pages to web servers and their cookies. We and others may use these and similar technologies on our services and other websites.
Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites when you use our website or other Services. We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Information we collect from third party sources. We may collect additional information from third-parties. These third parties may provide us information both in connection with our [website or other Services] and through tools they use to collect information about you when you use [our website or other Services]. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time. They and we may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content, and for other purposes (such as to better understand our Services’ audience).
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following (which includes activity on behalf of our business clients):
- To provide our Services to our business customers, including processing payments for our Clients.
- To assess suitability to be a Merchant, including whether applicants meet our anti-money laundering, “know your customer,” background checking and other compliance requirements. In addition, we use the data we collect from Clients to fulfill obligations and to track, report on and display transaction history.
- To maintain, analyze, customize, measure, and improve our Services, which includes generating internal reports about the use of our Services.
- To send transactional communications, including requests for information, responses to requests for information, and other Service updates.
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with our customers, including about products updates and offerings that we think they may be interested in.
- For account management, finance, dispute resolution, and reporting purposes.
- To monitor and enforce our legal terms or similar terms.
- For internal business reasons, including internal audits or investigations, company research, insurance purposes.
- To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity, and to protect you, others, and ourselves.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
Please note that we may combine the information we gather about you in identifiable form, including information from third parties. We may use this information, for example, to improve and personalize our Services, content, and advertising.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf. Note that our Services may interact with other payment processors, payment gateways, and third party systems at the direction of our Client or other business customers. We are not responsible for the security of these third party systems.
If you are a Merchant, we may share information you provide with service providers and third parties, including those businesses, banks, and/or independent service organizations involved in processing payment transactions . If you are a Client or a key individual owner or employee of such a merchant, we may share your identification information with our identity verification vendors, and for background and other suitability checks. .
Our service providers may also include IT, advertising, or communications providers who help us operate our Services. Please note that some of these vendors, including our analytics providers, may store your personal information subject to their own privacy policies and practices not subject to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
We may also share information relating to identified or identifiable individuals:
- With our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, or consulting services.
- To comply with our legal obligations or to protect the interests, property, or legal rights of you, ourselves, or third parties.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or other applicable terms.
- With companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our legal terms, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- With your direction or consent.
What Choices Do I Have?
Update personal information. If you are a Client of ours that has an online account with us, you can log in to your account to access or correct your information. If you are a consumer, please contact the Client associated with your transaction.
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing information from Versapay. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails, by following the unsubscribe link in each email. Please note that you may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly as a result.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concern about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at Versapay, please contact us via our privacy portal.